Congratulations Everyone! We have completed our first week of the Healthy Lifestyle Team Challenge. It sounds like everyone is making great progress and no matter how many points you earned, you all probably did better than you would have in one way or another without the contest. Pat yourselves on the back and send me your weekly point totals by phone, email, or submit them as a comment to this posting. As soon as I have everyone's numbers I will list the team averages for week one and name the weekly winner.
Also...Remember this contest is based on the honor system and the founding mothers trust you to use your best judgement, but if you really need clarification I guess I am the one to clarify the rules. So here is an attempt:
1) Weight lose counts from the beginning weight on Monday, April 20. (Hopefully no one but Lindsay and Amy for a few weeks will be gaining during this contest, but it could happen.)
2) Sugary treats are cookies, candy, cakes, pies, things considered desserts. A chocolate vitamin from your trainer is definitely legal, as long as they are used as prescribed. A weight watchers treat, anything 2 points and under...let your conscience be your guide.
3) Being hit twice for Coke/Pepsi. My answer is, not really, because you can avoid the second hit for carbonation by not eating after 8 p.m.
4) I do agree that it hardly seems fair that taking a vitamin and exercises 30 min. should have the same point value, but we wanted some easy automatic points for everyone.
Finally, if you have forgotten who the competition is... here are the teams with the names I have received:
Max Meltdown: Marsha, Mike, Allison, Katie, Mary Ann W.
Clan MacDuff: Debbie, Jim, Emily, Sarah
The Williamsons: Dave, Mike, Becci, Amy, and Dave P.
Richard Simmons' Favorite Team: Shelley, Chad, Natalie, Brian
The Biggest Winners: Jake, Jeff, Shar, Lindsay, and Paul
I hope to hear from everyone with those totals asap. (Clan MacDuff are you out there?)
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thank you Shar!
I am feeling better and appreciate the support and company in my quest to get healthy. I knew you would clarify everything.
Thanks for doing the blog, mom! This is a fun contest. I enjoy knowing that other members of my family are working toward a goal with me. It's just cool. Anyway, I apologize to Nat and Brian of the Simmons group, for Chad's struggle with Coke and my struggle with sugary treats. I think the clarification will help me not to see them as strictly verboten, so, I can come on stronger next week. My secret weapon: one dark chocolate a day. Chad got 44, and I got 52.
Okay, We are really struggling with the sugary treats, and I am really struggling with no caffeine, especially after the 3 day long migraine. We'll try a lot harder this next week, but Bri and I have each lost 3 pounds, so we're feeling good about that! Mom, here are our points: Natalie-48; Brian-45 Go team Simmons!!!!
Post a Comment